ALBURY, a parish in the hundred of Bullingdon, in the county of Oxford, 4 miles to the S.W. of Thame, and 9 miles from Oxford. It contains the hamlet of Tiddington, and is near the river Thame. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Oxford, value £276, in the patronage of the Earl of Abingdon. The church, which has been rebuilt by the earl, is dedicated to St. Helen. There is a free school for twelve boys, endowed by Lady Mary Bertie in 1737.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees