ARNCOTT, a chapelry in the parish of Ambrosden, hundred of Bullington, but detached and locally in the hundred of Ploughley, in the county of Oxford, 3 miles to the S.E. of Bicester. It is situated on the river Ray. Arncott Wood is on high ground, commanding a good prospect.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees