ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD, a parish in the hundred of Chadlington, in the county of Oxford, 5 miles to the S. of Chipping Norton. It lies on the banks of the river Evenlode, near the borders of Whichwood Forest. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Oxford, and in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. There are chapels belonging to the Wesleyan Methodists and the Particular Baptists. The parochial charities amount to £45.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees