ASTERLEY FARM, an extra-parochial liberty in the parish of Kiddington, hundreds of Chadlington and Wootton, in the county of Oxford, 4 miles from Woodstock. It constituted a separate parish tilL the year 1291, when it was incorporated with Kiddington. Traces of its old church, mansion, and other buildings still exist at Chapelbroke field.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees