BALSCOTT, a chapelry in the parish of Wroxton, and hundred of Bloxham, in the county of Oxford, 4 miles to the N.W. of Banbury. The living is a perpetual curacy attached to the vicarage of Wroxton, in the diocese of Oxford. The name of this chapelry, which at full length is Beletscott, is derived from Michael Belet, who lived in the early part of the 13th century, and founded a priory at Wroxton.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees