BARTON-WESTCOTT, a parish in the hundred of Wootton, in the county of Oxford, close to Barton Steeple. Woodstock is its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Oxford, of the value of £230, in the gift of Mrs. Seagrave. The church is dedicated to St. Edward.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees