BLACKTHORN, a chapelry in the parish of Ambrosden, hundred of Bullington, in the county of Oxford, 3 miles to the S.E. of Bicester. It is seated on the confines of Buckinghamshire, where the ancient way called Akeman Street enters the county and crosses Blackthorn Hill. The church is decayed. There are some charities of trifling value.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees