BLADON, a parish in the hundred of Wootton, in the county of Oxford, not far from Woodstock, its post town. It includes the hamlet of Hensington. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Oxford, of the value, with the perpetual curacy of Woodstock annexed to it, of £329, in the patronage of the Duke of Marlborough. The church, which was rebuilt by the duke in 1804, is dedicated to St. Martin. The charitable endowments of the parish amount to £50 per annum. Bladon is included in the parliamentary borough of Woodstock.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees