BROUGHTON POGGS, (or Pogis), a parish in the hundred of Bampton, in the county of Oxford, 5 miles to the W. of Bampton. Lechlade is its post town. It lies on the confines of Gloucestershire. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, value £280, in the patronage of the Rev. W. Holmes. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The principal mansion is Broughton Hall, the seat of Sir W. C. H. Burnaby, Bart.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees