BULLINGDON HUNDRED, one of the 14 hundreds of the county of Oxford, situated near the middle of the county, and bounded on the N. by the hundred of Ploughley, on the E. by Buckinghamshire, on the S. by the hundreds of Dorchester and Ewelme, and on the W. by the hundred of Wootton and the county of Berks. It contains the parishes of Albury, Ambrosden, Baldon Marsh, Baldon Toot, St. Clement's, Cowley, Cuddesden, Elsfield, Forest Hill, Garsington, Headington, Holton, Horsepath, Iffley, Marston, Merton, Nuneham-Courtney, Piddington, Sandford, Shotover, Stanton St. John, Stow Wood, Waterperry, and Wood Eaton, with portions of Beckley and Great Milton. The hundred spreads over an area of about 46,630 acres.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees