CLATTERCOTE, an extra-parochial place, in the hundred of Banbury, in the county of Oxford, 6 miles N. of Banbury, its post town. There are still to be seen the remains of the priory founded here by the Beauchamps in the Norman period. The liberty is intersected by the Oxford canal, and has only one good house.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees