COMBE LONG, a parish in the hundred of Wootton, in the county of Oxford, 2 miles S.W. of Woodstock, its post town. It is situated on the river Evenlode. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Oxford, value £90, in the patronage of Lincoln College, Oxford. The church, built in the 14th century, is in the early English style of architecture, with good niches and a carved stone pulpit. The charities produce £10 per annum.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees