CUXHAM, a parish in the hand, of Ewelme, in the county of Oxford, 1.5 mile N.W of Watlington, and 5 miles S.W. of Tetsworth. The parish is very, small, containing only 520 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Oxford, value £275, in the patronage of Merton College, Oxford, The church, dedicated to the Holy Rood, is an old stone structure in the Norman style, consisting of nave, chancel, square tower, and porch. It contains some brasses and several monuments. There are day and Sunday schools. The Warden and Fellows of Merton College, Oxford, are lords of the manorThe National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees