DRAYTON ST LEONARD, a parish in the hundred of Dorchester, in the county of Oxford, 6 miles S.E. of Abingdon, and 5 N. of Wallingford, its post town. It is situated on the river Thame, about 2 miles from its confluence with the Isis. The soil is chiefly clay and gravel. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Oxford, and in the patronage of Christ Church College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, is a small plain edifice. The charities amount to £5 per annum. Lord Abingdon is lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees