DUCKLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Bampton, in the county of Oxford, 13 miles E. of Oxford, and 2 S.W. of Whitney, its railway station and post town. It is situated on the western bank of the river Windrush, and contains the chapelry of Hardwick. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Oxford, value £535, in the patronage of Magdalen College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, is an ancient structure, with a square embattled tower. It contains a Norman font. The charities amount to £18 per annum. There is a chapel-of-ease in the park of Walter Strickland, Esq., who is lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees