EASINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Ewelme, county Oxford, 3 miles N.W. of Watlington, its post town, and 412 S.W. of Tetsworth. The parish is of small extent, comprising only 200 acres and a few scattered farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, value £80, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a small stone structure, with two bells. Thomas Greenwood, Esq., is lord of the manor. Hart's charity produces about £5 per annum.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees