EPWELL, a chapelry in the parish of Swalcliffe, hundred of Banbury, county Oxford, 6 miles W. of Banbury, its post town. It is situated on the N.W. border of the county, near Broome Hill. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage* of Swalcliffe, in the diocese of Oxford, in the patronage of New College, Oxford. The church is a small ancient edifice dedicated to St. Anne. There are charities of about £7 per annum.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees