FILKINS, a hamlet in the parish of Broadwell, hundred of Bampton, county Oxford, 4 miles N.E. of Lechlade, and 9 S.W. of Witney. The Baptists have a chapel, and there is a school for both sexes, supported by subscription. Filkins Hall, the principal residence, contains valuable paintings by the early masters. William Harvey, Esq., is lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees