FINMERE, a parish in the hundred of Ploughley, county Oxford, 4 miles S.E. of Brackley, and 7 N.E. of Bicester, its post town. The Ouse forms the northern boundary of the parish. The surface is hilly and the soil unproductive. The village is small and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Oxford, value £345. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The charities produce about £14 per annum. There is a National school. Finmere House is the principal residence.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees