FINSTOCK, a hamlet in the parish of Charlbury, hundred of Banbury, county Oxford, 6 miles W. of Woodstock, its post town, and 7 S.E. of Chipping Sodbury. It is situated in the vicinity of the river Evenload. Here is a neat church, built in the present century. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Oxford, value £75, in the patronage of St. John's College, Oxford. The Wesleyans have a place of worship.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees