FRINGFORD, a parish in the hundred of Ploughley, county Oxford, 4 miles N.E. of Bicester, its post town, and 7 S.W. of Buckingham. The river Ouse flows through the parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, and gift of the lord chancellor. The church, an ancient edifice, which has recently undergone complete restoration, is dedicated to St. Michael. John H. S. Harrison, Esq., is lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees