FULBROOK, a parish in the hundred of Chadlington, county Oxford, 1 mile N.E. of Burford, its post town. The land is chiefly arable, with about 150 acres of woodland. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage of Burford. The church is an ancient edifice, dedicated to St. James. The charities amount to £2 per annum. James Martin, Esq., is lord of the manor. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1817.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees