GODDINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Ploughley, county Oxford, 5 miles N.E. of Bicester, its post town, and 5 S.W. of Buckingham. The parish is thinly populated, and the people employed in agriculture. The tithes were commuted for land under an Act of Enclosure in 1816. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, in the patronage of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is a plain stone edifice, dedicated to the Holy Trinity. It was erected in 1792. Goddington Hall is the principal residence. The trustees of the late John Ramsey, Esq., are the lords of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees