GREAT BARFORD, (or Barford St. Michael), a parish in the hundred of Wootton, in the county of Oxford, 2 miles to the W. of Deddington. Banbury is its post town. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Oxford, value £67, in the gift of J. Hall, Esq. The church is in the early English style, and has a Norman tower and doorway, and some stained windows; it is dedicated to St. Michael.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees