HARPSDEN, a parish in the hundred of Binfield, county Oxford, 1 mile S. of Henley-on-Thames, and 7 from Reading. It is situated near the Thames, and includes the hamlet of Bolney. The village, which is small and wholly agricultural, stands on the Reading road. The living is a rectory* value £609, in the patronage of All Souls' College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is a small building with plain tile roof and a wooden belfry. The principal residence is Harpsden Court, an ancient mansion adjacent to the church.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees