HOLWELL, a chapelry in the parish of Broadwell, hundred of Bampton, county Oxford, 2 miles S.W. of Burford, its post town. The land is chiefly arable. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Oxford, value £100. The church is a small edifice, rebuilt at the expense of William Harvey, Esq., the lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees