KINGSEY, a parish partly in the hundred of Ashendon, county Bucks, and Lewknor, county Oxfordshire, 2 miles N.E. of Thame, its post town, and 8 S.W. of Aylesbury. It is situated on the river Thame, and the road from London to Thame passes through the parish. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The land is chiefly arable, with some pasture and woodland. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Oxford, value £245, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Rochester. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small structure with a square tower. There is a National school. H. S. P. Wykeham, Esq., is lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees