LANGLEY, a hamlet in the parish of Shipton-under-Wychwood, hundred of Chadlington, county Oxford, 5 miles N.W. of Witney, and 5 N.E. of Burford. It is situated in Wychwood Forest. There are still remaining parts of the walls of a palace belonging to King John. Near the hamlet is a quarry of marble which is susceptible of a high polish.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees