LEDWELL, a hamlet in the parish of Sandford St Martin, hundred of Wootton, county Oxford, 5 miles N.E. of Great Enstone, and 6 N.W. of Woodstock. It is situated near the river Dorms. A fine sand adapted for the manufacture of glass is obtained. There was formerly a chapel-of-ease, dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees