LITTLE MILTON, a parish in the hundred of Thame, county Oxford, 5 miles W. of Tetsworth, and 1 mile S. of Great Milton. The village, which is small, is generally considered a hamlet of Great Milton. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Oxford, value £100, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. James, was erected in 1844 near the site of the ancient one, which had long ago fallen to ruins. There is a National school recently built. M. P. Watts Bolton, Esq., is lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees