LITTLE TEW, a parish in the hundred of Wootton, county Oxford, 3 miles N. of Enstone, its post town, and 1 mile S.W. of Great Tew. The village is wholly agricultural. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Oxford, value £50, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is modern. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. The Baptists have a chapel.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees