LYNEHAM, a hamlet in the parish of Shipton-under-Wychwood, hundred of Chadlington, county Oxford, 1.5 mile N. of Shipton, and 4 miles S.W. of Chipping-Norton. The river Evenlode flows through this place. The living is a perpetual curacy in the gift of the vicar of the parish. The church is a small modern edifice. The tithes have been commuted for land and corn-rents under an Enclosure Act in 1787.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees