MEDLEY, (or Medeley), a spot on the Thames, county Oxford, 2 miles N. by W. of Oxford. It is watered by the Isis, and was anciently a seat of the priors of Oseney, where Henry II. met Fair Rosamond when a nun at the Abbey of Godstone.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees