MILCOMBE, a township in the parish and hundred of Bloxham, county Oxford, 6 miles S.W. of Banbury, its post town. It is situated near the river Snere, and is wholly agricultural. The tithes were commuted for corn rents under an Enclosure Act in 1793. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Oxford, value £112. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is an ancient structure with a tower. The charities produce about £22 per annum, realised from town lands. There is a place of worship for Baptists.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees