MILTON, a township in the parish of Shipton-under-Wychwood, hundred of Chadlington, county Oxford, 6 miles S.W. of Chipping Norton, 3 N.E. of Burford, and 1 mile W. of Shipton. The village is considerable. A church has been erected; also a school with master's residence. There are three places of worship for Dissenters.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees