NORTH ASTON, a parish in the hundred of Wootton, in the county of Oxford, 2 miles to the S.E. of Deddington. Woodstock is its post town. It is situated on the western bank of the river Cherwell. Along the eastern bank of the river passes the Oxford canal. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford, of the value of £199, in the patronage of J. Wills, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and has a tower prettily overgrown with ivy. Aston Park is the residence of Lord Clonmel. The village is a meet for the Heythrop hounds.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
North Aston - a Millennium Eds: Marcus Potts & John Harvey-Lee
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees