^top^

Nuneham-Courtney

“Mason.” The parochial charities produce about £30 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. Nuneham Park is the principal residence. This place gave the inferior title of viscount to - the Earl of Harcourt, which title is now extinct. G. G. Harcourt, Esq., is lord of the manor and sole landowner.

The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
 


 Find help, report problems, or contribute information

 Maintained by Malcolm Austen.

 © 2011 GENUKI and its trustees

Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future.
places/nuneham-courtney/start.txt · Last modified: 2011/07/28 15:29 (external edit)