OTMOOR, a marshy tract of 4,000 acres, county Oxford, about 9 miles N.E. of Oxford, on the bank of the river Ray. It is crossed by the Roman road Akeman Street, and has traces of a Saxon camp near Merton.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees