RAMSDEN, a chapelry in the parish of Shipton-under-Wychwood, hundred of Chadlington, county Oxford, 6.5 miles from Woodstock, its post town, and 4 N. of Witney. The village is small and chiefly agricultural. The chapelry includes Poole's Lodge. The living is a perpetual cur* annexed to the vicarage* of Shipton-under-Wychwood, in the diocese of Oxford. The church was erected in 1841. There is a Sunday-school, Lord Churchill and the Vicar of Shipton being its principal supporters. The Wesleyans have a place of worship.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees