SHUTFORD, a chapelry in the parish of Swalcliffe, hundred of Banbury, county Oxford, 5 miles W. of Banbury. It comprises the townships of East and West Shutford. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Swalcliffe, in the diocese of Oxford. The chapel-of-ease, dedicated to St. Martin, is situated in the township of East Shutford.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees