SIBFORD-GOWER and SIBFORD TERRIS(sic), townships in the parish of Swalcliffe, hundred of Bloxham, county Oxford, 7.5 miles S.W. of Banbury, and 24 N.W. of Oxford. These townships are situated on the borders of Warwickshire, and are wholly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Oxford, value £235, in the patronage of New College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was erected in 1840. The parochial charities produce about £135 per annum, of which £30 go to the free school. There are places of worship for the Wesleyans and the Society of Friends. J. H. Sheldon, Esq., is lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees