SOUTH LEIGH, a chapelry in the parish of Stanton-Harcourt, hundred of Wootton, county Oxford, 3 miles S.E. of Witney, its post town, and 8 from Oxford. It is of small extent, and wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Stanton-Harcourt, in the diocese of Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. James, is an ancient edifice, with a square embattled tower. The charities produce about £12 per annum.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees