SOUTH WESTON, a parish in the hundred of Pirton, county Oxford, 3 miles S.E. of Tetsworth, and 5 S. of Thame, near the Chiltern hills. Nearly the whole of the surface is arable. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, value £200, in the patronage of Queen's College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The local charities produce about £3 per annum.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees