STUDLEY, a hamlet in the parish of Beckley, hundreds of Ashendon and Bullingdon, county Oxford, formerly in Bucks, 6.5 miles N.E. of Oxford, and 7 N.W. of Thame. It is joined with Horton to forma township. Here was formerly a Benedictine nunnery, founded by Bernard de St. Valery in 1184, and valued at the Dissolution at £102.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees