SYDENHAM, a parish in the hundred of Lewknor, county Oxford, 4 miles S. of Thame, its post town, and 22 1 E. of Tetsworth. The parish includes the hamlet of Sydenham Street. The living is a vicarage.* in the diocese of Oxford, value £100, in the patronage of trustees. The church it dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities consist in 30 acres of land. The Baptists have two chapels. The Baroness Wenman, of Thame Park, is lady of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees