TETSWORTH, a parish and post town in the hundred of Thame, county Oxford, 4 miles S.W. of Thame, and 12 S.E. of Oxford. The village is situated on the high road from London to Oxford. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford, value £130, in the patronage of trustees. The church, dedicated to St. Giles, is modern. There is a National school for both sexes. The Independents and Wesleyans have chapels. Miss Weston is lady of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees