WARBOROUGH, a parish in the hundred of Ewelme, county Oxford, 3 miles N. of Wallingford, its post town. The village is situated between the rivers Thames and Thame. The parish includes the hamlet of Shillingford. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Oxford, value £350, in the patronage of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Laurence. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. The President and Fellows of St. John's College, Oxford, are lords of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees