WARDINGTON, a chapelry in the parish of Cropredy, hundred of Banbury, county Oxford, 5 miles N.E. of Banbury, its post town, and 12 S.W. of Daventry. It is situated on the borders of Northamptonshire, and contains the hamlets of Coton and Williamscote. Many of the inhabitants are employed in plush weaving. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Oxford, value £110, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. The parochial charities produce about £9 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. The Wesleyans have a chapel.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees