WATERPERRY, a parish in the hundred of Bullingdon, county Oxford, 2.5 miles S.W. from Wheatley, its post town, and 6 from Thame. The village is situated on the river Thame. The parish includes the hamlet of Thomley. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Oxford, value £60. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, contains two brasses of the Curzon family, bearing dates 1527 and 1370, some stained glass windows, with arms, and the effigy of a Templar, and in the chancel is a monument by Chantry. J. W. Henley, Esq., is lord of the manor.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees