WIDFORD, a parish in the lower division of Slaughter hundred, county Oxford, formerly in Gloucester, 1 mile S.E. of Burford. The parish is situated on the river Windrush. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, value £100. The church is dedicated to St. Oswald. The charities produce about £7 per annum.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees